PLM is a business solution, who aims to streamline the flow of information about the product and the related processes throughout the product’s lifecycle, enabling the right information, in the right context and at the right time. PLM solutions allow managing large amounts of data that are generated in the various phases of the aircraft lifecycle to support efficiency, flexibility, and efficacy in the business processes. PLM is a supporting pillar for the Aerospace Industry.
Manufacturing engineering in the aerospace industry fill the gap between product design and shop floor production. It comprises the design of manufacturing and assembly processes and jigs & tools. PLM enables manufacturing engineering to get the advantage of state-of-the-art tools to perform its tasks in a virtual and collaborative environment.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research on methods and processes based on PLM usage within the manufacturing engineering scope
- Industrial application or experiences of methods and processes based on PLM usage within the manufacturing engineering context
- Concurrent or collaborative engineering between product development and manufacturing using PLM-based methods, processes and tools
- Configuration management for manufacturing: as planned and as built configurations
- PLM to integrate and deploy aircraft manufacturing related data
- PLM as an enabler of the aircraft digital twin/avatar/digital counterpart from a manufacturing perspective
Full paper due (via online system): 5 February, 2017
Post a Comment