This special issue will provide a systematic overview of state-of-the-art research in the field of nature-Inspired algorithms. With the development of advanced technology, computational requirements have become highly demanding. Usually, for high computational needs, traditional algorithms become infeasible. In such case, some intelligent way of problem solving is required and nature-inspired algorithms, which broadly include evolutionary and swarm intelligence-based algorithms, may be considered effective.
This special issue aims to serve as a forum for facilitating and enhancing information sharing among researchers, with themes including the development of advanced nature-inspired algorithms and/or applying existing ones for solving problems in real world complex systems.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Evolutionary algorithms
- Swarm intelligence-based algorithms
- Hybridisation of nature-inspired optimisation algorithms
- Review and comparative studies of nature-inspired optimisation algorithms
- New methodologies inspired from learning behaviour of social insects/evolution processes
- Theory and practice of nature-inspired algorithms in different domains
- Real-world problem solving using nature-inspired algorithms
Submission of papers: 15 June, 2016