The purpose of this special issue is to publish a collection of papers which will contribute towards a better understanding of the core ideas in climate change and the development of a climate-literate public, together with an improvement in the knowledge on teaching about climate change (climate education initiatives).
The issue will therefore consider conceptual and empirical manuscripts, as long as they are related to one or more climate change dimensions (literacy, teaching) within their work, and that they seek to create a new body of knowledge concerning climate literacy and innovations in climate change education.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Climate literacy
- Communicating climate change
- Learning about global climate change
- Climate change education
- Awareness raising and climate change
- Innovations in climate education
- Best practices for teaching global climate change
- Innovative education programmes, strategies and teaching approaches in climate sciences
Submission of manuscripts: 2 November, 2015