Advanced hybrid and electric vehicles are widely considered as green technologies for future transports, which improve overall drivertrain efficiency and reduce vehicle emissions. In order to further promote excellence of research in vehicle powertrain and propulsion, this special issue will focus on state of the art research and development as well as continuous efforts in the modelling, design, control and optimisation of hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), electric vehicles (EV) and fuel cell vehicles (FCV).
We therefore kindly invite you or any of your colleagues working in the following areas to submit technical papers for review. The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at VTI 2012 , but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit papers for this call.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Hybrid and electric vehicle modelling and control
- Hybrid and electric vehicle energy management and optimisation
- Hybrid and electric vehicle safety and fault tolerance
- Machine modelling, analysis and control
- Energy storage system modelling, analysis and control
- Smart grid and electric infrastructure
Paper due: 31 August, 2012
Acceptance notification: 30 November, 2012
Final paper version due: 10 January, 2013