A special issue of the International Journal of Healthcare Technology and Management
This special edition aims to identify and discuss useable models for new emerging patient care strategies within a changing healthcare environment, so that IT systems can be effectively designed around the patient, rather than, as in most cases, where healthcare systems are designed around the healthcare practitioners.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Distributed, patient-centric healthcare models and the challenge of population shifts and demographic changes
- The challenge of delivering healthcare in remote areas
- Bridging the information gap between different sectors of care
- Modelling, measuring and monitoring
- Security practices in healthcare systems.
- Enhanced tracking methods.
- Assisted living - intelligent houses
- Agent-based systems
- Novel strategies for data mining and information distribution
- Ethical issues arising from the appliance of pervasive computing in healthcare.
Important Date: Deadline for submission: 31 July 2007
For more information, please see the Journal Call for Papers website.