There is an increasing demand for transportation solutions that are responsive, safe, sustainable, smart and cost-efficient. This has resulted in increased emphasis on intermodal transportation systems.
The aim of this special issue is to capture new trends in the field of intermodal transportation. The goal is to act as a platform for the innovative work of the next generation of researchers and scholars.
The special issue is targeted specifically to young scholars and doctoral students who are at the cutting edge of intermodal transportation research.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- International trade and transportation
- Infrastructure, network design and optimisation
- Design, planning and control of transportation systems
- Intermodal, intelligent and sustainable transportation solutions
- Transportation modes (air, rail, road, sea, pipe)
- Transportation cost/benefit analysis
- Railroad, terminal and port development
- Port/terminal operations and management
- Warehousing and inventory management
- Transportation regulations, standards and security
- Environmental impact, liability and insurance
- Risk analysis and management
- Information technology and decision support systems
- Strategic alliances and relationship management
- Government involvement and incentives
Manuscripts due by: 30 June, 2018
Notification to authors: 30 September, 2018
Final versions due by: 30 November, 2018