International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology (IJARGE)
Call for papers: Special Issue on “Towards New Modes of Forest Management Based on a Sustainability Background”
Guest Editors: Professor Salem Y. Lakhal, Professor Souad H’mida and Dr. Martin Béland, University of Moncton, Canada.
The development of customer awareness about ecological problems of forest products puts the wood industry into the center of customer interest. Wood product companies must work to be sustainable and economically profitable, especially if they are to survive today's world of rapid changes in technology, increasing complexity in products, strong competition and mounting pressure from consumers and civil society to respect the environment. These factors require companies to integrate, among other things, environmental protection dimensions into their supply chain operations, to seek eco-certifications for their products, processes, and forest harvesting practice.
How do these schemes affect actual management practices and environmental protection in forest and wood industries supply chains? There are already some sporadic researches published on this topic but many researches state that we still know too little about forest sustainable management, its impact (costs of output, prices, trade of forest products, etc.) and efficiency as a problem-solving instrument.
Taking the above notions into account, areas covered by the special issue include but are not limited to:
* Certification and business practices in industrial forest product supply chains
* How certification has contributed to change policies and processes which lead to sustainable forest management
* Accommodating multiple interests in local forest management: a focus on facilitation, actors and practices
* Forest industry and CO2 emissions
* Environmental regulation and corporate strategies in forest products industry
* The supply chain concept applied to forest and wood industries
* Complexity of wood product cycle
* Competitiveness and environmental policies for sustainable forest
* The effects of environment and technology on wood product export
* Life cycle analysis of wood products
* Multifunctionality in forest industry
* Aggregation of sustainable development indicators in forest and wood industries
For more information, subject coverage, notes for intending authors, submission dates and contact information, please see the Journal Call for papers website.
Post a Comment