International Journal of Strategic Change Management (IJSCM)
Call for papers: Special Issue on “Knowledge Governance”
Prof. Nicolai J. Foss, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Prof. Joseph T. Mahoney, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Prof. Patricia Ordóñez de Pablos, University of Oviedo, Spain
The purpose of this special issue of IJSCM is to advance our understanding of “knowledge governance”. We invite manuscripts on the philosophical and methodological foundations of knowledge governance, theorising pertaining to knowledge governance, and empirical work.
Manuscripts may deal with, but are not limited to, issues such as:
* What is the proper unit of analysis for knowledge governance? Knowledge transactions? Problems? Capabilities?
* What are the limits to governing knowledge? Are there forms of knowledge (e.g., tacit knowledge) that cannot meaningfully be “governed”?
* How do characteristics of knowledge map into efficient choice of governance structures and coordination mechanisms? What are the causal links?
* What are the disciplines and insights we need to further our understanding of knowledge governance? How far can organisational economics take us?
* And where do we need insights from organisational sociology and psychology?
For more information, subject coverage, notes for intending authors, submission dates and contact information, please see the Journal Call for papers website.