The dominance of the digital world in people’s lives today calls for a more thorough analysis of marketing in the electronic landscape. Today, a large part of business is done through digital channels of communication and delivery, and firms face many challenges in staying competitive in a new digital world that is dominated by electronic commerce and social media.
We are seeking contributions to this special issue that address these challenges and/or analyse the ways in which the digital environment is shaping tomorrow’s market.
We welcome articles based on quantitative or qualitative empirical studies or conceptual papers, and envisage that this special issue will embrace a full range of methodological approaches.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2015 International Conference on Contemporary Marketing Issues, but we are also inviting other experts to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consumer behaviour in the electronic landscape
- Service quality, loyalty and satisfaction in digital services
- Relationship marketing in the electronic landscape
- New product and service development and co-creation in the electronic landscape
- Social media and marketing strategy
- The role of user-generated content in marketing strategy
- Branding in the electronic landscape
- Managing the online experience
- Innovative business models in the electronic environment
- Managing online communication and other promotion activities
- Online distribution and pricing
- Sales management considerations in the digital environment
- Self-service and customer involvement in service delivery
- Privacy concerns and ethics in the electronic environment
Submission of papers: 31 May, 2016