All kinds of complex technical systems rely more and more on embedded and related systems. Embedded equipment is now increasingly becoming the key technological component of numerous large practical systems, ranging from vehicles, telephones, audio-video equipment, aircraft, toys, security systems, medical diagnostics, to weapons, pacemakers, climate control systems, manufacturing systems, intelligent power systems etc. However, solving the security-related problems of these embedded systems is very challenging. Issues include how to implement encryption and decryption algorithms fast, how to ensure the software environment can be trusted, how to implement basic cryptographic tool like elliptic curve cryptography quickly, how to resist side channel attack, how to ensure the content in the memory or register is safe etc.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 10th International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing (3PGCIC 2015), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Encryption and authentication techniques for embedded and related systems
- Trust software for information systems using embedded techniques
- Trust network environment for information systems using embedded techniques
- Secure protocols for communication network
- Secure outsourcing techniques for mobile equipments in cloud environment
- New Information hiding techniques for embedded and related systems
- System security for mobile network and embedded security
Submission of manuscripts: 30 January, 2016
Notification to authors: 30 April, 2016
Final versions due: 30 June, 2016