Advancement in the design and application of digital manufacturing is an indication of the next industrial revolution. Digital manufacturing (DM) uses additive manufacturing (AM) and fabrication technologies to produce complex and high-value products.
The broad impacts of AM are significant. Engineering tools such as simulation, FEA, dynamic systems modelling and control systems are just some of the tools used in DM technology.
The aim of this special issue is the publication of recent articles related to the advancement of AM and its impact on DM.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Optimum planning of powder and recycled powder usage
- Materials simulation modelling for prediction of properties and performance
- Integrated additive and subtractive process planning
- AM process modelling and dynamic systems analysis
- AM parameter predictions and impact analysis
- Process control using sensors and closed-loop systems
Full paper submission: 30 March, 2015
Notification of review results: 31 May, 2015
Revised manuscript submission: 1 July, 2015
Final accepted paper submission: 31 August, 2015