This special issue aims to bring together work from academia, research scholars, scientists, engineers, business entrepreneurs and policy makers responsible for delivering effective solutions in solving problems associated with big data systems architectures.
Big data presents a new paradigm that consists of volume of data sets which help in the development of new approaches in transforming science, engineering, medicine, healthcare, finance, business and many related application service domains.
This issue calls for innovative and high-quality papers describing or demonstrating theory and practice of storing, accessing, searching, mining, processing and visualising in the context of intelligent systems development for big data. Authors are invited to submit papers presenting new research related to the theory and practice of big data in the context of the issue’s topics of interest.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cloud computing techniques for big data
- Big data as a service
- Big data open platforms
- Big data in mobile and pervasive computing
- Algorithms and applications for big data
- Management issues of social network big data
- Models and languages for big data protection
- Privacy-preserving big data analytics
- Large-scale social media and recommendation systems
- Big data for enterprise transformation
- Network architectures to support big data analytics
- Network and resource provisioning approaches
- Software systems to support big data computing
- Tools and technologies for deploying and managing big data
- Parallel and distributed systems for big data storage and analysis
- Methods and applications for big data processing and management
Submission deadline: 11 July, 2014