Cloud computing prompts new research with special emphasis on distributed system architecture and big data management and processing methods. In the more general sense of cloud computing, network computing covers the novel algorithms, architectures, implementations, experiences and security related to this issue.
The goal of network computing is to allow computers and servers to collaborate together to offer powerful computing and improved security relative to that what is currently available. Many research works have been carried out in respective fields such as grid computing and distributed computing.
This special issue aims to find a good point at which two fields can be combined with each other or introduce promising properties to each other. It will cover a number of related topics, demonstrate pioneering work, investigate novel solutions and discuss future trends in this field.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Neural networks and applications
- Image and video signal processing
- Distributed and parallel computing
- Trusted network computing
- Trust-related security and privacy
- Web and internet computing
- Wireless network computing
- Social network computing
- Future internet architecture
- Management of data centre networks
- Cognitive radio networks
- Security and privacy in network computing
Paper submission: 30 October, 2013 (extended)