High performance computing and communications are key enabling technologies for improving cutting-edge research performance and capabilities, especially when addressing large and complex problems with tight timing schedules.
Building high performance and efficient computing and communications systems can be addressed at multiple platform layers such as computer architecture, software, hardware, language and compiler design, embedded systems and networking.
This special issue will target a wide spectrum of the state-of-the-art as well as emerging topics pertaining to high performance computing, computer communications, new computing paradigms and so on.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 15th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Parallel and distributed system architectures, software technologies, algorithms
- Languages and compilers for high performance computing
- New computing paradigms (peer-to-peer/grid and cluster/cloud/pervasive computing)
- Database applications and data mining
- Biological/molecular computing
- Collaborative and cooperative environments
- Mobile computing and wireless communications
- Autonomic reliability and fault-tolerance
- Trust, Security and Privacy
Paper submission due: 30 August, 2013
Decision notification: 30 October, 2013
Revised paper submission: 30 November, 2013
Final paper submission: 30 December, 2013
Post a Comment