The goal of this special issue is to present a comprehensive multi-disciplinary view of digital human models – of what they can do and how they can do it.
The emphasis of the special issue will be on digital human models with novel and exceptional abilities, and on only software elements. Manuscripts must therefore contain appropriate and interesting theoretical, experiential and application single-views and comparative-views of novel and exceptional digital human models.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- The state of the art in digital human models
- Novel and exceptional visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory and gustatory sensing abilities
- Novel and exceptional information integration and perception abilities
- Novel and exceptional higher-level cognition and decision-making abilities
- Novel and exceptional activation, action, response, feedback and adaptation abilities
- Trends in digital human models
- Future trends in digital human models
Deadline for letter of intent (100-200 words): 31 August, 2013 (email submission)
Deadline for full paper: 30 November, 2013 (online submission)
First review completed: 31 January, 2014
Deadline for revised paper: 31 March, 2014 (online submission)
Second review completed: 31 May, 2014