Variable structure systems with sliding modes have recently become one of the most exciting research topics in variety of fields. This is mainly due to their inherent robustness with respect to the plant model uncertainty, parameter perturbation and external disturbance which are unavoidable in any industrial environment. Furthermore, numerous very successful engineering applications of the systems have recently been reported.
Therefore, the purpose of the special issue is focused on state-of-the-art solutions in the field of sliding mode control system design and their industrial applications. We welcome original research papers that describe new ideas and approaches in theory and applications.
Suitable topics, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sliding mode control in power electronics
- Sliding mode control applications in robotics and complex motion steering systems
- Sliding mode observers and their applications
- Higher order sliding modes
- Output feedback sliding mode controllers
- Discrete time sliding mode controllers
- Combination artificial intelligence and sliding mode controllers
- Chattering analysis
Submission deadline: August 31, 2011