Modern business has undoubtedly benefited from the rapid development of Information Technology (IT) tools. On the other hand, IT risk has become one of the most significant threats posed to companies, with a common sense from senior risk managers that this represents a very high threat to business in today’s economy. Business exists to cope with risks, including IT risks. As time spans, management of existing IT systems that are being used by business requires constant and continuous check and review. Companies continuously seek methods and techniques to improve performance to achieve optimised efficiency and effectiveness of utilizing IT tools.
This special issue is intended to present the state-of-the-art work that demonstrates tools to manage IT risks and thus improve IT management in the e-society. Both theoretical and applied work is welcome.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following aspects:
- Enterprise risk management related to IT
- IT security
- Emerging advances in IT and its new applications
- Management of IT systems in financial risks
- IT and e-governance
- IT risk assessment
- Productivity uncertainty of adopting different IT tools
- IT and uncertainty and risks in the supply chain
- IT outsourcing assessment
- Other issues related to IT risks
Submission Deadline: June 10, 2010
First-Round Reviews: August 30, 2010
Camera-ready version: September 30, 2010