This special issue is intended to survey the recent progress in analyses and applications of nonlinear degenerate and singular equations and systems of elliptic, parabolic, and mixed parabolic-hyperbolic types. Particular attention will be paid to the mathematical and numerical analysis of models arising in the study of reaction-diffusion-convection processes.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Model development and analysis involving degenerate or singular parabolic or parabolic-hyperbolic equations.
- Well-posedness of the Cauchy or initial-boundary value problems of degenerate parabolic-hyperbolic equations.
- Regularity of solutions of time-dependent and steady-state solutions.
- Long term behaviour of time-dependent solutions.
- Blow-up property of time-dependent solutions.
- Stability and instability of steady-state solutions.
- Uniqueness or multiplicity of steady-state solutions.
- Numerical analysis and computation of degenerate and singular elliptic, parabolic, or parabolic-hyperbolic equations.
Deadline for Submission: 30 June, 2010