The special issue aims at presenting or reviewing the more recent findings on dioxins from incineration and metallurgy, the evolution in techniques to prevent, adsorb, or oxidise dioxins and to detoxify fly ash and soil contaminated with dioxins and other, related persistent organic pollutants.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Emission inventories of dioxins
- Monitoring of dioxins
- Open burning: main source of dioxins?
- Metal catalysis and dioxins formation
- De novo pathways towards chlorinated aromatics and dioxins
- Precursor route of dioxins formation: the PCDF/PCDD ratio
- Incineration and dioxins: progress of the last 25 years
- Cleaning flue gases from dioxins
- Destruction of POPs and dioxins
- The fingerprint or signature of dioxins
- Thermodynamic aspects of formation and destruction of dioxins
- Chemical and physicochemical properties of dioxins
Submission of manuscripts: 16 May, 2016