Wireless networks have become an integral part of our lives. In the past decade, wireless technologies have advanced significantly to allow numerous devices to be connected with each other via a wireless communication medium. Smart gadgets and high-powered wirelessly connected devices have penetrated our daily lives. People are constantly using their online presence to drive society’s required changes, to raise matters that need to be addressed, to help build awareness of various issues, and so on – all via the anywhere-anytime communication that is now possible because of wireless connectivity.
The scope of current wireless applications and innovative approaches to deal with different issues in life is very wide. A lot of researchers in both academia and industry are focusing on finding yet more novel solutions for existing problems in the wireless arena and together are preparing to deal with possible new challenging issues that may appear in the future.
The objective of this special issue is to address various aspects of the advances of wireless networks technologies and their applications.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Conference on Advanced Wireless, Information, and Communication Technologies (AWICT 2015) (http://www.awict.net/), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Internet and web applications
- Internet of things (IoT)
- Interoperability of heterogeneous wireless networks of different standards
- Intrusion detection systems
- IP multimedia subsystems (IMS)
- Multimedia communication over wireless mediums
- Network architectures and protocols
- Neural networks and fuzzy logic
- Performance evaluation, simulation and modelling of wireless networks and systems
- Radio communication systems
- Radio resource management
- Radio transmission technologies
- Traffic engineering
- Wireless intelligent networks
- Wireless security systems
Manuscript submission due (extended): 20 November, 2015
Notification of acceptance/rejection: 20 February, 2016
Revised/final paper due: 20 March, 2016