Material forming through plastic flow forced by forming equipment is an efficient method for creating products possessing lightweight and long-term service reliability. During recent decades, global competition in the fields of transport and aerospace has led to increasing demand for new material-forming technologies and equipment.
The objective of this special issue is to collect papers which enhance our understanding of plastic flow behaviour, innovative material forming technologies, lightweight material forming, new structure designs, new equipment for material forming, etc.
The issue will mainly focus on recent advances in material forming technologies and forming equipment.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:
- Materials forming with vibration, electromagnetism and laser
- Forming with lightweight materials and structures
- Sheet/bulk/tube metal plastic forming processes and equipment
- 3D printing technology and equipment
- Tool designs and tooling technologies
- Powder metallurgy processes
- Friction behaviour in metal forming
- Composite/graded/multi-layer/metal foam materials forming
Submission deadline: 30 July, 2015
Notification to authors: 31 September, 2015
Final versions due: 31 November, 2015