The importance of intellectual capital has been widely acknowledged by scholars and corporations as one of the fundamental contributors to the innovation process, and has been recognised as one of the most relevant drivers of the value creation process.
Increasingly, academic investigation efforts and practical needs of many companies are converging in a common purpose: to find out those proper intellectual capital elements capable of acting as key drivers of creating value, and those intellectual capital management initiatives able to support the value creation process.
The acknowledgment of the role of intellectual capital and its potential to create value has driven firms to reassess their capability-based strategies and innovation processes. From an intellectual capital value creation perspective, identifying how intellectual capital elements correlate with the wealth of organisations is a key process as many intellectual capital elements differ in their contributions to the value creation process.
This special issue seeks papers focusing on the subjects listed below. Both theoretical/conceptual papers (i.e. theories of intellectual capital, methodologies and frameworks of intellectual capital management and assessment, etc.) and empirical studies (e.g. case studies or empirical evidences showing how intellectual Capital is managed and assessed, how value creation is developed and sustained, or how strategic management frameworks are implemented) are welcome.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The role of intellectual capital in the context of competitive advantage
- Intellectual capital and innovativeness
- The role of intellectual capital in supporting product/process innovation
- Measurement of intellectual capital for innovation
- The impact of intellectual capital on value creation and value co-creation
- Entrepreneurship and innovation capital
- Strategic management framework
- Intellectual capital management/assessment frameworks/models
- Value drivers of innovation-based entrepreneurship
- Innovation and value creation in complex/networked organisations
- The paradigm of open innovation
- Analysis of the value creation process in open innovation
- Patent quality and patent analysis
Manuscripts due: 31 December, 2013
Notification of acceptance: 1 February, 2014
Revised papers due: 1 March, 2014
Final notification: 1 April, 2014