This special issue will explore recent progress, ideas, problems and solutions relating to the multifaceted aspects of risk management for system security, and also covers risk management for business and critical infrastructures to mitigate cyber attacks and terrorism attempted through hacking.
It is intended for academics, practitioners, scientists and engineers who are involved in the areas of business, engineering, climate science, economics, education, management, information sciences and strategy development.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2011 International Conference on Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (8-10 December, Jeju Island, Korea), but we also strongly encourage researchers who did not participate in the conference to submit papers for this call.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to the following areas. Excellent surveying works in these areas are also welcome.
- Risk management for system security for critical infrastructures
- Risk management for system security for critical information
- Guides or standards related to risk management for system security
- Practices related to risk management for system security
- Security against business hacking
- SCADA system security
- Business risk management
- Security against cyber terrorism
- Emergency information systems
- Case studies and lessons learned
- Coordination in crisis situations of international proportions
- Crisis management, management system
- Decision-making processes in rapidly emerging crises
- Environmental protection, climate change
- Environmental management and monitoring
- GIS in emergency management
- Information and communication technologies
- Operative forces and their organisation
- Risk assessment, management, professional practice
- Technologies and equipment for environmental assessment and protection
- Critical technology management
- Training and awareness
- Crisis communications
- Coordination with external agencies
- Disaster recovery
Submission deadline: 31 March, 2012
Notification of acceptance: 31 May, 2012
Final Version Due: 31 July, 2012