In recent times the degree of complexity has grown in various industrial processes particularly in terms of performance and robustness. This paves the way for the emergence of a new technology called “intelligent systems”. In a broad outlook, intelligent systems are governed by soft computing approaches. The principal computing approaches involved are neural network computing, fuzzy logic, general algorithms and apparent reasoning.
In the existing system of health informatics, it provides only the information of some abnormal symptoms in the patient. The issue on this type of system is deficient of on-system surveillance of the patient. Hence, with the computing approaches in recent trends of intelligent system enhances the process of on-system analysis. Also in industries, in order to empower it by the adoption of Internet of Things(IoT), intelligent equipment and big data by solving the issue on traditional industries of analysing complex and manual machinery. This advancement takes the manufacturing intelligence to a smart level. It also overcomes the issue of using traditional manufacturing process to a digital manufacturing environment by utilising the advanced techniques such as big data analysis to handle the larger amount of database required for manufacturing processes in the high-tech industries with the new advanced control and resource optimisation.
The special issue aims for the advancement in the health informatics through on-system analytics by providing required information continuously instead of reporting only on symptoms. It also focuses on the automation in the industry by providing it with a digitised environment for the manufacturing process by involving big data analysis within it.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International conference on I-SMAC (IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud) (I-SMAC 2017), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Pervasive e-health care intelligent systems
- Fuzzy intelligent system for pediatric care
- Fuzzy sets and neural networks
- Evolutionary algorithms for intelligent systems
- Advanced equipment control
- Intelligent planning and allocation of corporate resources
- Intelligence and informatics based manufacturing
- Simulation optimisation of intelligent systems
- Modeling, analysing and performance evaluation of a factory
- Intelligent e-diagnosis system
- Intelligent systems for big data processing
- Imaging systems and applications
- Big data case studies in health care field
- Data mining for Intelligent Information systems
- Wireless advanced systems
Submission of manuscripts: 27 April, 2017