With recent advancement of electric motor, sensing and control technology, electrified vehicles including hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) and electric vehicles (EV) have attracted an increasing attention from academia as well as industry as a solution to the vehicle active safety and environment concerns issues. Electrified vehicles by adopting hybrid or full electric drive system have many advantages such as a greater flexibility in terms of active vehicle motion control and improving energy efficiency achieved through energy regeneration from regenerative braking. The introduction of electric drive technology allows electrified vehicles to be more optimised via individual wheel torque control with regard to vehicle dynamic performance, active safety and energy efficiency when compared with conventional vehicles.
The objective of this special issue will be to compile the recent research and development efforts contributing to dynamic/stability control and energy efficiency of electrified vehicles, including driver intention recognition, hybrid driving/braking technologies, torque vectoring, regenerative braking, vehicle dynamic control integration, energy efficiency control and advanced control strategy development and application as well. It will also welcome contributions on power management and optimisation, dynamic motor control, fault tolerant control and novel experimental technologies of electrified vehicles.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advanced electrified vehicle lateral/longitudinal dynamic
- Distributed driving technologies for electrified vehicles
- Novel torque vectoring control methods
- Vehicle dynamic parameter identification and estimation
- Fault detection and fault tolerant control
- Brake blending control strategy and system development
- Energy efficiency control allocation and optimisation
- Integration of energy efficiency and vehicle dynamic control
- Driver command interpretation and driving status detection
- Driver-in-the-loop simulation and controller verification
- Drive-by-wire technology and next generation electrified vehicle control