Innovativeness has been found to be one of the key antecedents of business performance and competitive advantage. Hence, a company’s ability to introduce new innovations can determine its future success and survival.
Innovations can take diverse forms and be born from various phases of a business process or supply chain. The uncertainty of economic development, increasing requirements of efficiency and sustainable production create a continuous need to develop new solutions and innovativeness both in supply management and supply markets.
Supply management acts as a crucial interface between an external supplier network and a company’s internal resources. Therefore, it is at the forefront of delivering innovativeness from supplier networks to a company and diffusing information about end-customer needs to the supply market.
This special issue is aimed at researchers who wish to contribute to the growing – but still scant – literature on the role of innovation in supply management. Submitted papers can be conceptual, literature reviews or empirical qualitative or quantitative studies. Submitted papers should create new knowledge on supply management and value networks as well as the development of suppliers, supplier relationships and supply markets, especially from the perspectives of the creation of new innovations and innovative supply management processes. Papers can be designed to benefit both the public and private sectors.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drivers and barriers of innovativeness
- Sustainability and environmental innovations in purchasing and supply chains
- Innovative supply markets
- Innovation strategies and typologies for supply management
- IT and process innovations of supply management
- The function on R&D and early supplier involvement
- Innovative supplier development
- Outsourcing and sub-contracting
- Innovation in buyer-supplier collaboration
- Supply risks and innovations
- Open innovations
Manuscript submission: 15 January, 2015
Reviewer reports: 15 May, 2015
Revised paper submission: 15 June, 2015
Final paper submission: 15 July, 2015