Recent developments in bioengineering have opened new doors to how medical treatments and health services are provided. This special issue aims to report latest conceptual prototypes and technologies in biomedical design and device development in a highly interdisciplinary research involving medicine, health, engineering, science, and information technology.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Wearable medical monitoring sensors
- Wireless medical devices
- Physiological sensing
- Medical systems diagnostics
- Personalised medicine.
- Cardiovascular and molecular imaging
- Optics and optoelectronics
- Bio-modelling and bio-simulation
Deadline for submissions: 1 September, 2011
Completed first review: 1 December, 2011
Deadline for final revisions: 1 February, 2012