Call for papers: "Ontology Paradigms in Software Programming Languages"
For a special issue of the International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies.
Software development is a complex activity and most programming languages support only one or a few programming paradigms such as concurrent, object-oriented or functional ontologies. As a result, software developers may have to mix and match between different programming paradigms in different programming languages to accomplish their task, which can be tedious.
The addition of ontology paradigms into mainstream programming languages has improved the efficiency of implementing business domains. This special issue explores the development of meta-domain-specific language in current mainstream programming languages.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge representation in programming language
- Description logics for meta-DSL
- Domain-specific modelling
- Modelling language for domain experts
- Incorporating ontology into programming language
- Multi-paradigm programming language
- Meta-domain-specific language
- Foundational ontology
- Modelling ontologies as executable DSL
- Semantic-based software development
- Programming languages and metaprogramming
- Ontology-driven software architecture
- Ontology integration, merging and mapping
- Ontology-based software engineering
- Ontology and software development processes
Deadline for submissions: 31 March, 2013
Results notification: 31 May, 2013
Final submission: 1 October, 2013