A special issue of International Journal of Materials and Product Technology
Nowadays, meso (1-10 mm)/micro (1-1000 µm) manufacturing is an important technology for conventional products as well as for new products, especially where miniaturisation, mechatronics and high performance are important. Applications of meso/micro manufacturing are in advanced industries, for example, aerospace, automotive, optical, military, alternative energy, biomedical and microelectronics packaging, etc. Meso and micro manufacturing processes can be applied to work metallic and non-metallic materials such as polymers, ceramics, composites and special materials.
This special issue of IJMPT invites the submission of high quality research articles related to experimental and computational topics on meso and micro manufacturing.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following aspects:
- Manufacturability of the materials at meso/micro scale
- Developments and design of precision and micro machine tools
- Meso/micro machining processes: turning, milling, drilling, etc
- Meso/micro forming: stamping, blanking, embossing, etc
- Grinding: precision and ultraprecision grinding processes.
- Nontraditional meso/micro manufacturing processes: laser, EDM, etc
- Micro manufacturing using x-ray lithography
- Modelling and simulation of meso/micro manufacturing processes
- Applications with special emphasis in alternative energy devices
Deadline for submission: 1 December 2009