This Special Issue is based on some results of MULTAGRI, a European research project: Capitalisation of research on multifunctionality of agriculture and rural areas.
- Multifunctionality: refocusing a spreading, loose and fashionable concept for looking at sustainability?
- Multifunctionality: epistemic diversity and concept oriented research clusters
- Farm models and economic valuation in the context of multifunctionality: a review of approaches from France, Germany, The Netherlands and Portugal
- Multifunctionality of agricultural activities, changing rural identities and new institutional arrangements
- Review of studies on the establishment and management of policies for multifunctionality
- Evaluation of policies in terms of the multifunctionality of agriculture and rural space: more integrative conceptual and analytical frameworks needed
- Conclusion: Which perspectives for future research on multifunctionality of agriculture and rural areas?